Monday, October 29, 2007

How Crazy is Your Life??

I can't believe it's been almost three weeks since I posted. Time is just flying. I love this time of year!! Especially now that I'm not married to a football coach :-) A few things that have been happening around here:

Brooklin's THREE!!
My baby is already three. I can't believe how she's growning. She's sooo much fun and I can't imagine our family without her. She brings such a sweet spirit into our home. Although many of you know three is much worse than two and we're already feeling it. She's a busy one!!! Most of my day is spent cleaning up messes (15 pounds of flour and sugar mixed together, office cabinets emptied, a witch stamp ALL over my doors - and that's just today!!!). No, she wasn't home alone all day either.
Shayna, Brooklin, Jasmine, Austin Stratton and Saydee Shelley.

As most of you have heard I got put in as primary president last week. Most of my days are at the computer or on the phone while Brooklin redecorates and destroys. I've got just under 100 kids in a ward of 300 (do the math - is that possible?).

We just had parent-teacher conferences. The worst thing Tanner's teacher could think to tell us about him is "I feel sorry for you two, the girls have it BAD for this kid!" Oh boy, I think bad grades would be easier to deal with. He's such a great kid and so much fun to be around.
The three of them making cupcakes for Brooklin's preschool class!!

Shayna was just nominated as Student of the Month for her entire school. She had her picture in the paper and everything!! They do a characteristic each month and her's was attitude. She is getting so grown up and is a lot of help to me. We are so proud of her. Of course, good grades too.

9 comments:

ron&melz said...

Looks like you and I both finally sat down today to do a posting after letting a month go by. With my luck, my next one will be Christmas!! We all sure do love your family. Glad we are only 30 minuts away and get to spend a little time with you guys!! - "10"es

Alvin & Jessica Pease said...

Hey Auntie! I cant believe Brooklyn is 3... She is so adorable & i think you should have another one.... hehe!!!
love ya!

Jenny Shumway said...

Hey Jo - can't believe Brooklin is 3 - how did that happen so fast? I need to bring Alli over to play sometime soon. Congrats on the new calling - you'll do great. I'm still in primary - going on 4 1/2 years now - can you believe it? The strange thing for me is that Brooklin & Alli will be SUNBEAMS next year!!

Anonymous said...

Finally... I've been waiting for a new post from the austin family. =) Can't believe Brookie is 3- she's so stinkin cute. =) And I couldn't help but laugh and the things you said she had done lately. haha. Wish we could have made it to her b-day party.
Congrats to Shayna on Student of the month. Such cute kids.

Anonymous said...

Oh ya... an I can't believe you're primary president. Congratualtions??? haha. You will be absolutely wonderful. =)

Traci said...

Hey, I didnt know you were a blogger. I am so excited, so now I can check up with you guys, since you live so far away. Thanks for taking Ashlyn with you guys trick or treating. She was so excited. Im glad she has such good friends. (oh by the way, did you ever get plane tickets yet?) Its coming up so fast. Happy Halloween.

riley said...

ok- good post. BUT!!! since i'm so busy at work and stuff (shh don't mention to my boss) you need to post pics and everything EVERYDAY! i can't keep reading this blog for days.... come on, you can do it!

The Austin Family said...

Traci - I keep meaning to tell you I'm a fellow blogger. Maybe now we can stay caught up. Got the tickets, but we are leaving Tuesday coming back Sunday. Can't believe it's so soon. We missed you at that fabulous football game last night. Your kids are so cute. I love having Ashlyn around. She's welcome anytime!!

Stuart Family said...

Love the blog!!You're kids are adorable.Tell Patrick good luck in Tucson.I'm adding you to my friends and family.Good luck with your new calling. You'll do great.