Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A Hunting We Will Go....


Last Monday night Patrick and I left for the valley. We spent the night with the Pease (thanks guys) and Alvin was kind enough to take us to the airport Tuesday morning where we were off for St. Louis. Once we got there we headed straight for Nauvoo. We didn't get there until late, but did get a chance to just drive the town and check a few things out. Wednesday we spent the entire morning in Nauvoo seeing the church history sites. It truly makes you have a deeper appreciation for what those people went through. It was freezing!! That afternoon we went over to Carthage Jail. What an awesome experience!! It was just Patrick and I (not many tourist there this time of year). If you haven't been - plan a trip. That evening we went on to Illinois and checked into the "hunting" lodge. It was a beautiful place. Patrick hunted everyday, with no luck in bagging any wildlife. But, we sure did have a good time!! The food was great, the company was awesome and it was sooo nice to just spend some time together. We haven't seen each other that much in years. My Mom and Dad kept the kids (which was like a vacation for them too). They were spoiled and catered too I'm sure. Grandma knows just how to do that. We were all glad to be home Monday and now we're just trying to get back into the swing of things and get ready for Christmas.

4 comments:

Traci said...

I am so glad we got to go. We had so much fun. You guys are awesome. I think this was one of my funnest trips ever. Thanks for the good times. I will never forget them. We sure missed you the last little bit.

Joele and Matt said...

Sounds like you had an awsome time. I am jealous!

Alvin & Jessica Pease said...

wow that place is so pretty. i love the hunting lodge you stayed at. it looks super nice! im still upset i didnt get to see uncle pat. we will have to come visit when we come up tomorrow & play some games.
I love what you said about the kids staying at grandmas & being on vacation too! i loved when grandma would come stay with us whenever my mom had a baby or was sick. she would clean the house & always have snacks ready for us. She is seriously the best!
love ya guys!

Anonymous said...

I am going to plan my next vacation at grandmas house if she will let me. =) I just love staying there. And I'm glad you guys had a good time! Next time you come down to the valley you'll have to come out and stay with us since it's our turn now. =)